Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! Have you started on this year’s Christmas cards yet?! If not, why not… it’ll be here (again) before you know it! Lol, I see you rolling your eyes! The card I’m sharing with you today features a super fun big ole’ jolly vintage Santa on a handmade background using Neenah Classic Linen and Crest cardstock (both are on sale this month, so be sure to get some) along with several other kinds of cardstock! This was so much fun, so let’s get started!
- Cut a top-folding 5-1/2″ square card base from Classic Crest Solar White 110# cardstock.
- Cut a layering panel for the front from Classic Linen Solar White 80# cardstock and a layering panel for the inside from Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock. Using a repetitive die, create a ‘dotted’ handmade background on the Linen panel.
- Cut two layering panels from Pop-Tone Wild Cherry 65# cardstock, one for the front and one for the inside, along with a narrow embellishing strip for the inside.
- Cut a 3″ wide embellishing strip for the front and a narrow embellishing strip for the inside from Pop-Tone Gumdrop Green 65# cardstock.
- Create the vintage Santa using the following cardstock for the die-cut pieces: Pop-Tone Wild Cherry 65# cardstock, for Santa’s suit, Classic Crest Solar White 110# cardstock for Santa’s beard and suit trim, Pop-Tone Black Licorice 65# cardstock, and Shadow Gray 80# cardstock for Santa’s belt, Curious Metallic Gold Leaf 92# cardstock for Santa’s glasses and belt buckle, Sandcastle 80# cardstock for Santa’s face, and Basis Pink 80# cardstock for Santa’s cheeks and nose. This works up in three pieces – his hat, his head and beard, and his body.
- Assemble the front panel by adhering the dotted die cut panel to the red layer, the green embellishing strip to the left side of the dotted die cut panel, and the Santa to the green embellishing strip.
- Adhere the green and red embellishing strips to the inside white panel and then adhere them to the red layer.
- Die-cut the #hohoho sentiment from black cardstock and layer the negative space onto white cardstock, adding back the center of the hashtag and center of the o’s, then round the corners.
- Adhere the front sentiment vertically to the left side.
- Stamp the inside sentiment in red ink.
- Adhere the front panel to the front of the card base and add three small white enamel dots to the bottom left corner of the green strip.
- Adhere the inside panel to the inside of the card, and you’re finished! 😉
CutCardStock products used:
Classic Crest Solar White 110# cardstock
Classic Linen Solar White 80# cardstock
Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock
Pop-Tone Wild Cherry 65# cardstock
Pop-Tone Black Licorice 65# cardstock
Shadow Gray 80# cardstock
Curious Metallic Gold Leaf 92# cardstock
Sandcastle 80# cardstock
Basis Pink 80# cardstock
Pop-Tone Gumdrop Green 65# cardstock
Other products used:
Stamps: Paper Smooches Holiday Cheer stamp set
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink
Dies/Punches: Sizzix Jolly St. Nick Colorize Thinlits, Festive Repeat Thinlits, and Alphanumeric Tiny Type Lower Thinlits; Kadomaru Pro corner rounder
Accessories: Bearly Art precision craft glue, Tombow Mono permanent adhesive, 1/8″ Scor-Tape, Stick-It Adhesive Sheet, Xyron 510 Creative Station, Big Shot, MISTI stamp tool, Eyelet Outlet White Enamel Dots
I hope you’ve enjoyed this vintage Santa project! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!