I don’t know about you, but I have so many old pictures of my kids at the pumpkin patch and I’m making an effort to scrap the oldies but goodies. This is one of many, and it’s nice to make a dent in the large pile.
I used a cut file as the main feature of this layout and I added several layers, which took a bit of time and some careful cutting, but I think the end result is well worth the additional effort.
Here are the Card Stock colors I used from the CutCardStock store: Basis White 12×12, Discount Card Stock Vanilla Bean, Basis Olive, Pop Tone Orange Fizz, Discount Card Stock Natural Twine, and Discount Card Stock Black.
I began by cutting the cut file several times, using different colors (and using only areas I needed for each cut). The rough areas will be trimmed.
To add the layers to the base piece, carefully trim the unwanted areas from the leaf areas. Adhere to base piece. Next, trim the pumpkins and then adhere them to the base area as well. Cut the brown bird portion from the top, and replace it with the black bird adhering from behind the sign).
One thing I didn’t do at the beginning was cut the sign portion, so I had to go back and do that using a sheet of Simple Stories wood grained patterned paper (thankfully I hadn’t resized the cut file, lol).
I backed the “p’s” in the sign using one of the photos that I cut apert. Everything else is backed with cardstock and patterned paper from Catherine Pooler.
I stumbled across my stash of brads, that I didn’t think I had, and was able to use one on the sign and one on the crow. I added some white marker paint to the eye of the crow.
I added foam to the back of the entire cut file piece to add extra dimension. Some twine on each pumpkin stem adds a touch of whimsy.
I trimmed the white cardstock base and then adhered it to a sheet of Simple Stories patterned paper using my sewing machine. I then added some yellow and green ink/mist. If you look closely there are a few areas where the ink is streaky. My fault for thinking I cut put it on my table while it was still drying- it was an invitation for my cat, Oakley, to jump up and swish her tail on it. Oh well. I was able to cover up most of the streaky areas with cleverly placed stickers.
I set out to try a new to me technique (multiple layers on a cut file) and I achieved that goal. I will be doing more of this in the future!
I’ll be back next month, until then visit the CutCardStock store to stock up for all your Fall paper crafting needs!