Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! I have to say that having a variety of thank you cards in my stash is almost as important as having a variety of birthday cards, and I make a lot of both. The thank you card I’m sharing with you today is a pinwheel card! I’ve had handwritten instructions in my arsenal for quite a while. After making the first one just a couple months ago, however, I couldn’t wait to make another one… and I’m not sure why it took so long to try!
CUT CARD BASE AND LAYERS
1. Cut a square top-folding card base from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110# cardstock along with an inside layering panel from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock.
2. Cut the front and inside layering panels and narrow embellishing strips for the front and inside from Stardream Metallic 105# Silver cardstock.
3. Cut a front background panel and embellishing strips for the front and inside (two each) from We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard 6×6 paper pad.
CREATE PINWHEEL AND CENTER ELEMENT
1. Cut four squares from We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard 6×6 paper pad, four squares from Stardream Metallic 105# Silver cardstock, and eight slightly larger squares from Basis Black cardstock. Layer the chalkboard and silver squares on the black squares and adhere all eight together to form the pinwheel.
2. Punch two 3/4″ circles and four 1/2″ circles from Stardream Metallic 105# Silver cardstock and layer them together to create the central element for the pinwheel.
1. For the front panel, adhere the chalkboard panel to the silver panel and then adhere the embellishing strips to the bottom of the panel. Adhere the pinwheel and center element.
2. For the inside panel, adhere the embellishing strips to the left side of the white panel, and then layer the panel on the silver cardstock.
1. Die cut the front sentiment and adhere to the bottom right of the front panel.
2. Stamp the inside sentiment in silver ink, die cut it, and adhere it to the inside panel.
1. Adhere the front and inside panels to the card base. Your pretty pinwheel card is now complete! 😉
Other products used:
Stamps: Waffle Flower Sentiment Additions stamp set
Ink: Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink
Dies/Punches: Stampin’ Up 3/4,” and 1/2″ Circle Punches, CUTplorations Skinny Sentiments, Waffle Flower Sentiment Additions die set
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Gemini Junior, MISTI stamp tool, Bearly Arts precision craft glue
I hope you’ve enjoyed this pinwheel card! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!