If you’re like me, it’s never too early to start making Christmas cards! The Curious Metallic White Silver Cardstock was perfect to use with snowflake dies. They really bring this monochromatic card to life.
1. Stamp the sentiment in the lower right section of a piece of of Basis White 80lb Cardstock cut to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
2. Stamp and heat emboss snowflakes with white sparkle embossing powder. In the end this isn’t very obvious but it adds a bit of sparkle. You could add more snowflakes with silver sparkle embossing powder.
3. Cover the sentiment with a piece of scrap paper and splatter the panel with liquid shimmer.
4. Die cut a variety of snowflakes from Curious Metallic White Silver Cardstock. You may need to use a metal shim with intricate dies. Mine didn’t cut through all the way the first run through so I kept them in place and ran them through a second time with the shim.
5. Cut panel down to 4” x 5 1/4”.
6. Adhere the snowflakes to the panel. Cut off pieces that hang over the edge and use them to fill in empty spots. Try to avoid odd trapped spots like I have next to the sentiment. I should have added a small snowflake but overall I think the card still works.
7. Add clear drops to centers and ends of snowflakes. It might also be fun to add a splatter of white paint before adding the drops but I didn’t think of it at the time.
8. Place panel on an Basis A2 Folded Blank Note Cards with foam tape.
Have you started making holiday cards? Whether you have or not, gold and silver cardstocks are on sale through the end of the month to add some fun to any card! If you make any cards inspired by this post, please share them with us.