Hello, hello! Samantha Ziegenfuss here with a cute idea for Valentine’s Day; a set of four CAS (clean and simple) cards. I know that we just got done with the major winter holidays but I like to get a head start on things when I can.
You will need:
- A stamp set with small images as well as sentiments (I’m using the Foodie Friends stamp set from Simon Says Stamp
- Four sheets of 5″ x 7″ Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock
- Discount Cardstock in Granny Smith Apple Green
- Silk Glitter Princess Pink Cardstock
- Basis Black 80lb Cardstock
- White embossing powder
- Sticky embossing ink
- Ink and coloring mediums of your choice (I’m using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and a combination of Spectrum Noir and Copic markers)
- Dimensional foam adhesive
- Enamel dots, sequins, Nuvo drops or some other small embellishment
Score your cardstock on the 7″ side at 3.5″. Fold.
Stamp and color your images. Cut them out.
Stamp and heat emboss a couple of your sentiments in white to your black cardstock. I cut one of my sentiment strips to extend across the width of the card and the other to go across part of my card.
For this card, I added the full-width sentiment strip and above it adhered a couple of stamped images above it popped up on foam adhesive. I added a few Nuvo drops.
Cut a heart from your pink glitter paper and add a stamped image or two. For this card, I adhered the heart to the center of the card and stamped the sentiment directly to the card. I added a few Nuvo drops.
Cut a triangle from your green cardstock and adhere it to the left-hand side of one of your cards. Onto this triangle, I adhered two of my stamped images on dimensional foam adhesive and placed one of my heat embossed sentiment strips across the triangle. I added a few Nuvo Drops.
For this card, I stamped my sentiment directly onto the paper and popped my stamped image up on foam adhesive. I added a few Nuvo Drops.
I hope that you like my cards and that they will have given you a few ideas for your own clean and simple Valentine’s Day cards. Be sure to subscribe so that you won’t miss anything our amazing design team comes up with.
Until next time,