I was excited to see if I could dry emboss a stencil on Curious Metallic Cardstock! All paper on the front of the card uses the Curious Metallic Cardstock. Read on to learn how I created it.
1. Cut Curious Metallic Cardstock in Peacock to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2”
2. Position stencil over cardstock and tape in place. I lined up two sides of the stencil and card so it was offset. Run through die cutting machine using the sandwich for embossing.
3. Rub white pigment ink over raised embossing. I used a traditional blending tool, not a brush.
4. Die cut a circle to cover the center of embossed area from Curious Metallic Cardstock in Violette.
5. Die cut words from two layers of Basis White 80lb Cardstock and one layer of Curious Metallic Cardstock in White Silver.
6. Adhere word die cuts together. Adhere circle die cut to card then the stacked die cut words.
7. Stamp and heat emboss a sentiment onto a scrap of Curious Metallic Cardstock in Peacock. Adhere below die cut words.
8. Add panel to a white A2 card base.
9. Add Nuvo Drops to center of butterflies.
Have you ever dry embossed on metallic cardstock? I love that Curious Metallic Cardstock is subtle enough that I can use three different colors and only that cardstock on a card. Please share your comments below and tell me what you like to do with metallic cardstock.
Butterfly Circle Stencil from Hero Arts
Big Hugs Stamp & Cut from Hero Arts
Unicorn White Pigment Ink – Hero Arts
Embossing and Watermark Ink- Hero Arts
White Detail Embossing Powder – Hero Arts
Nuvo Glitter Drops in Dazzling Blue
Bearly Arts Precision Glue
[…] This post was first shared on the CutCardStock blog. I was excited to see if I could dry emboss a stencil on Curious Metallic Cardstock! All paper on […]