Hello crafty friends! I just love cards that shine with a pretty glitter finish but I’m not a big fan of the mess. It’s sort of a love/hate relationship I guess. I was super excited to find CutCardStock’s glitter cardstocks because they are all of the best quality and they don’t shed a grain of glitter even if you die cut with them.
Today’s card features a delicate arch shaped card with lots of pretty details. Silk Glitter Opulent Opal is used as the background and Silk Glitter in Red Flash is used for an accent. Both of these cardstocks offer a pretty finish. Red Flash is a perfect red and has a bold shine. Opulent Opal softly shines and reflects a rainbow of colors. Both are perfect for any paper crafting project you have in mind. Best of all, glitter cardstocks are on sale this month at the store! I also used Neenah Classic Linen Gold Pearl for the lacy outline die cut. This is fast becoming one of my favorite cardstocks as well. It’s lustrous pearlized cardstock has a light linen finish. The light caramel color is beautiful and neutral so it’ll go with just about any other colors beautifully.
I’ve made a video showing how I made this card. You’ll find some tips on watercoloring and also for using vellum to create a dimensional banner. And speaking of vellum, CutCardStock carries an absolutely wonderful vellum called CTI Glama Natural Translucent Vellum. That’s a lot of words but it’s a thick 48 lb. vellum that scores and heat embosses like a champ. It’s not the thin vellum you’re used to finding in local stores. If you like vellum, you need this in your life!
To watch the video click below:
Steps to make this card:
- Cut two outline pieces out of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and one from Silk Glitter Opulent Opal Glitter Cardstock
- On one piece of Solar White, score across the top at 1 1/2″ Fold and burnish
- Attach the other piece of Solar white to the scored piece, gluing only above the score line
- Glue the Opulent Opal Glitter cardstock to the top piece. This completes the base card
- Cut the swirl border out of Neenah Classic Linen Gold Pearl Cardstock. Apply with glue
- Cut interior arch frame out of Silk Glitter Red Flash. Glue inside the swirl border
- Stamp and watercolor the window and brick image. Cut it out with the interior border die. Install with double-sided foam tape.
- Cut a strip of CTI Glama Natural Translucent Vellum Cardstock 48 lb. Heat emboss sentiment in red glitter embossing powder
- Score finished vellum sentiment on each side of the word and again 1/4″ from the first score mark. Z-fold on each side.
- Cut dove tails into vellum sentiment. Attach to card with glue.
- Apply paper bow to top of watercolor panel.
CutCardStock Products Used In This Project:
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Linen Gold Pearl Cardstock
- Silk Glitter Opulent Opal Cardstock
- Silk Glitter Red Flash Cardstock
- CTI Glama Natural Translucent Bellum Cardstock 48 lb.
Other Products Used in This Project:
- Ranger Distress Markers in Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers and Abandoned Coral
- Ohuhu Double Tip Markers – 60 Count
- Paper Studio La Petities Dimension Sticker Bows
- Simon Says Stamps March Card Kit (Stamps and Watercolor Paper)
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you will take a look at the beautiful glitter and pearlized cardstock carried by CutCardStock. Great cardstock makes the difference between an OK card and a gorgeous one. If you give it a try, I know you’ll agree with me. Happy stamping!