Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! What do you think about ‘different’ color combos – those you don’t often see – like a Valentine in non-traditional colors like yellow and pink?! The fun card I’m sharing with you today features bright yellow cardstock paired with hot pink on a bright white card base! So fun!
- Cut a 5″ square card base from Classic Crest Solar White 110# cardstock along with an inside panel from Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock.
- Cut a background panel for the front from the hot pink patterned paper and a wide embellishing strip for the inside.
- Die-cut a large sunburst from Astrobright Solar Yellow 80# cardstock and a layering panel, and a narrow embellishing strip for the inside.
- Die-cut two stitched hearts from Raspberry Ice 80# cardstock.
- Stamp, color, and die cut a fun focal element (bird used here) for the card front.
- Adhere the sunburst to the patterned paper, the larger of the two die-cut stitched hearts to the center of the sunburst, and the bird toward the bottom left corner of the panel.
- Adhere the patterned paper and cardstock embellishing strips to the white inside panel and the remaining small die-cut stitched heart. Then, adhere the panel to the yellow layering panel.
- Stamp the front sentiment in black ink on one of the sunburst rays and adhere the panel to the front of the card base.
- Stamp the inside sentiment in black ink and adhere the panel to the inside of the card base.
- Add randomly-spaced small clear dimensional dots to each of the sunburst rays.
Other products used:
Paper: Darice Dots & Stripes 6×6 patterned paper
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Crazy Birds stamps, Paper Smooches Word Salad stamp set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Nuvo alcohol markers- 401, 393, 450, 452, 454
Dies/Punches: Stampers Anonymous Crazy Birds dies, Stampin’ Up Sunburst Thinlit
Accessories: Bearly Art precision craft glue, Tombow Mono permanent adhesive, Gemini Junior, MISTI stamp tool, Nuvo Morning Dew Crystal Drops
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Valentine in non-traditional colors! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!