I’ve seen these gorgeous balls out and about while I’m shopping and I think to myself, “I can do something like that.” I finally thought of it while I was at the craft store and purchased several smooth foam balls.
I dove into my supply of gorgeous Cut Card Stock Metallics (On sale this month). I wanted to start with something classic: red. I chose the text weight of Mars for ease of use. See how it struts its stuff on the green hedge and below, in the house.
1. Airbrush the white smooth foam ball with R39 Sketch marker and airbrush system. I used a wooden skewer to make the ball easier to handle.
2. Punch an entire sheet of Stardream Metallics Mars text weight paper. By using the punch upside down, it is easier to place the punch and get the most out of a sheet. Punch around the edges, trim around and punch again until the entire sheet is complete.
3. Using a sequin pin, add a gold seed bead and a daisy onto the foam ball. Continue adding, starting at the bottom and spiraling towards the top.
After one sheet of paper, I got what you see below. I used another half sheet to complete it.
4. Leave a small open place near the top to add the hanging ribbon.
5. Cut 12-18 inches of ribbon and tie a knot at the bottom leaving a 3 inch tail. Add a large brad to adhere embellishments. I ended up adding a gold and red bow and a copper charm.
Ready for a close-up!!
May your holidays be merry and bright! Eli
Supplies: Stardream Metallics Mars (Cutcardstock.com), Daisy punch (Recollections), ribbon, sequin pins, gold seed beads, copper charm