Looking for a CREATIVE WAY To share some Photos at Christmas time or Anytime; Here is Another Great Idea & Tutorial from Amber Lawrence.
This idea was inspired by a need to find a creative way to give out pictures of my boys at Christmas. In our family, Grandparents love to get 5 x 7 copies of school pictures as part of their Christmas gift. Most of the time, they insert the current picture right over last year’s, so there is no need to give them another frame. So how then, can you wrap up a picture and make it a fun gift to open up at Christmas? Here’s my solution….
- 8 1/2 x 11″ piece of Brown Bag Kraft
- 2 1/4 x 11″ strip of Basis Red cardstock
- 2 x 11″ strip of coordinating patterned paper
- scoring tool
- adhesive (I used both Mono multi and Tombo Mono tape runner)
- Corner rounder punch
- Coordinating ribbon
- Optional supplies – 1/2 ” circle punch, tiny hole punch, 2 brads and a piece of twine or string
- Score Kraft cardstock on the long side at 3″ and 8″
- Turn cardstock to short side and score 1″ from one end and 1/2 ” from other end (These scores will create a 5 x 7″ pocket for your pictures. If you have different size pictures, adjust your score marks to change the size of the finished folder. You could also use a piece of chipboard cut to the size of your photos and fold the Kraft cardstock over to create the folder without measuring and scoring.)
- Fold on the score marks and cut away the extra flaps on the four corners leaving top, bottom and side flaps.
- Round the corners of the flaps to create a finished look.
- Adhere the middle flaps together and then do the same to the shorter bottom flap. This will create the folder and leave the top open.
- Create a “Belly Band” for your photo folder by wrapping the Basis Red cardstock around it, adhering it together in the back.
- Add a second layer to your “Belly Band” by doing the same with the patterned paper.
- Finish it off with a piece of matching ribbon, tied in a bow or knot on the front of the folder.
- Insert photos of your favorite 8 year old with lots of missing teeth! (Or whichever photos you are sharing this season!)
- Close your folder by adhering the top flap closed, or create an added touch by following these last simple steps…
- Punch out two 1/2″ circles from scrap Basis Red cardstock.
- Punch holes in the center of each circle and insert brads.
- Punch one hole on the top flap of your photo folder and another hole lower on the folder, lining them up with each other.
- Add the brads and wrap piece of twine in a figure 8 style to hold the folder closed like an old fashioned office folder.
Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [06 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria
What a wonderful use of the Brown Bag Craft paper and a great way to give a photo…