Do you use gate-fold cards? I don’t very often but when I saw this Basis Blank Gray DIY Gate Fold Invitation I knew exactly how I planned to use it. This month, Basis cards are the Monthly Special. Have a look and maybe something will inspire you as well.
1 Stamp a script background cling stamp on the front of a Basis Blank Gray DIY Gate Fold Invitation with white pigment ink.
2. Stamp the holly images and color them with Copic markers. Die cut them.
3. Stamp the sentiment with red ink. Since it didn’t have a coordinating die, I fussy cut it.
4. Fold a strip of Curious Vellum cut to 2” x 11” around the Basis Blank Gray DIY Gate Fold Invitation only enough for it to be able to slide off. Adhere together with adhesive tape. Cut off any excess.
5. Slide the Curious Vellum belly band on to the Basis Blank Gray DIY Gate Fold Invitation. Place the stamped and die cut image on the vellum strip, trying to cover the join as much as possible. Adhere flat to the Curious Vellum. Make sure no adhesive is outside of the Curious Vellum.
6. Add the fussy cut sentiment with foam tape over the stamped image. Place it so it hides any exposed Curious Vellum join. Add small clear hearts around image.
7. Add glossy accents to the berries. Set aside to dry.
I love the white on the dark gray background of the card and the contrast of the deep red berries. You could use any color for a card like this. Just change up the ink of the background to work with it. If you use a pre made card, please share your creation with us!