Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! Are you a fun fold card fan?! I think I’ve asked that question before, lol! I am a certified fun fold geek, and I have another one to share with you today! This is a super easy one called a Pinwheel Twist Card, and it’s sweeping the web, so I’m super stoked to share my tutorial with you. I used our Royal Sundance cardstock that’s on sale this month, so be sure to stock up! This line comes in a variety of textures and weights, and I’m sure you’ll find some to compliment your cardstock stash! 😉
CUT CARD BASE AND LAYERING PANELS
- Cut a 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ card base from Royal Sundance Felt Natural cardstock and score at 2-3/4″, 3-3/4, 4-3/4″ and 5-3/4″ on the long side.
- Cut three 4-1/4″ x 2-3/4″ extra panels from Royal Sundance Felt Natural cardstock.
- Cut four 4-1/8″ x 1-5/8″ layering panels (called narrow layering panels in the rest of the tutorial) and four 4-1/8″ x 2-5/8″ layering panels (called wide layering panels in the rest of the tutorial) from Royal Sundance Linen Midnight Blue cardstock.
- Cut four sets of scenic panels from the Winter Wonderland 6×6 Cardstock Pad. The narrow left portion should measure 4″ x 1-1/2″ and the wide right portion should measure 4″ x 2-1/2″. The scene should ‘flow’ from left to right.
- Adhere all four narrow and all four wide scenic panels to the blue layering panels.
- Adhere one layered panel to the large section on the card base, and the remaining three layered panels to the three extra natural panels.
ATTACH WIDE PANELS TO CARD BASE
- One layered panel has already been attached to the card base as per the previous step. Adhere the three additional wide layered panels to the card base, applying glue to the card base and lining up the left edge of each panel with each score line. All that will remain is a 1/2″ strip on the left edge.
FORM PINWHEEL CONSTRUCTION
- Add glue to the 1/2″ strip, fold under and adhere to the large portion of the card base to form the pinwheel. This works best by laying the card flat and folding it on the second score line.
ATTACH NARROW PANELS TO CARD BASE
- Adhere the four narrow layered panels to the corresponding wide panels. Adhere the first one, then twist each quadrant to the left to adhere the next one.
ADD SENTMENTS & COMPLETE CARD
- Add a sentiment to each quadrant.
- Embellish each scene if desired. I did not add any additional embellishments to this card.
Other products used:
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Bearly Art precision craft glue, STAMPlorations Merry Everything Clear Stickers
I hope you’ve enjoyed this fun fold! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!