Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! Are you a Summer picnic fan? And what picnic is complete without watermelon and little ants?! I created a fun Summer card featuring white cardstock that’s on sale this month (along with ivory – so be sure to stock up!), which I paired with red and green cardstock and a bit of washi tape.
I have several watermelon slice dies in my stash, but they were too small for this card, so I created my own with circle dies and a black marker. And of course, I had to add some ant brads!
CUT CARD BASE AND LAYERS
1. Cut a standard A2 size top-folding card base from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110# cardstock along with a front strip and an inside layering panel from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock, and round the bottom right corner.
2. Cut an inside layering panel from CutCardStock Basis Red cardstock.
3. Die cut circles from CutCardStock Bonsai Green cardstock and CutCardStock Basis Red cardstock.
4. Grab a roll of washi tape and a black marker.
CREATE PICNIC TABLE AND WATERMELON SLICES
1. Cover the white cardstock strip with washi tape and re-round the bottom right corner. Add washi tape and a narrow strip of red cardstock to the bottom of the inside layering panel.
2. Adhere the red die cut circle to the green die cut circle to make the watermelon and then cut them in half. Cut one of the halves in half again to make three watermelon slices.
3. Add watermelon seeds to all three slices with the black marker.
ADHERE LAYERS AND ADD ANTS
1. Adhere the strip to the bottom of the front of the card base. Adhere the inside layering panel to the red cardstock layer.
2. Add ant brads to all three watermelon slices.
3. Adhere two watermelon slices to the card front and one to the inside panel.
1. Stamp the front and inside sentiments in black ink.
COMPLETE YOUR FUN SUMMER CARD
1. Add gemstones to the front.
2. Adhere inside panel to the inside of card base, and your super adorable Summer card is finished! 😉
CutCardStock products used:
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110# and 80# cardstock
CutCardStock Basis Red cardstock
CutCardStock Bonsai Green cardstock
Other products used:
Stamps: Great Impressions Happy Summer Days sentiment stamp, Waffle Flower Sentiment Additions stamp set
Ink: PaperMate Flair Black medium point pen, Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Dies/Punches: Kadomaru Pro corner rounder, Spellbinders Standard Circles dies
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, MISTI stamp tool, Gemini Junior, Bearly Arts precision craft glue, Eyelet Outlet Mini Ant Brads, Eyelet Outlet Heart Washi Tape, Eyelet Outlet red jewel bling
I hope you’ve enjoyed this fun Summer card! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!