Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! I know I’ve mentioned before that I seem to create more birthday cards than any other kind of cards, and I truly love a variety! The birthday card I’m sharing with you today is so stinkin’ cute I can’t even stand it! This is my own design and I need to warn you that I didn’t actually measure anything for this card… I just cut the dimensions of the bird house that fit my normal 9″ x 3-3/4″ slimline card base. So that means don’t get out your micrometer, lol!
CUT CARD BASE AND LAYERS:
1. Cut slimline card base and an inside layering panel from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock, and angle the top of each to resemble a bird house.
2. Cut front and inside layering panels as well as a narrow inside embellishing strip from Curious Metallic 92# Gold Leaf cardstock, and angle the top of each.
3. Cut the roof and two perches from Basis 80# Brown cardstock.
4. Cut an inside embellishing strip from Pop-Tone 65# Jellybean Green cardstock.
DIE CUT ELEMENTS:
1. Using circle dies, cut two entrance holes from Stardream Metallic 105# Antique Gold cardstock and Basis 80# Brown cardstock.
2. Die cut the main portion of the sentiment from Pop-Tone 65# Gumdrop Green cardstock and Pop-Tone 65# Jellybean Green cardstock and assemble.
3. Stamp the remaining one-word portion of the sentiment in brown ink and trim.
4. Die cut the inside sentiment from Stardream Metallic 105# Antique Gold cardstock.
5. Die cut flowers and leaves from Basis 80# Coral Cardstock, Basis 80# Gold cardstock, Basis 80# Teal cardstock, Basis 80# Red cardstock, Pop-Tone 65# Tangy Orange cardstock, Pop-Tone 65# Gumdrop Green cardstock, Pop-Tone 65# Jellybean Green cardstock and Pop-Tone 65# Grape Jelly cardstock and assemble.
6. Die cut the branch from Curious Metallic 111# Chestnut cardstock and adhere it to the back of the flower cluster.
7. Die cut the bird from Basis 80# Navy cardstock, Basis 80# Medium Blue cardstock, Basis 80# Blue cardstock and Curious Metallic 111# Night cardstock, assemble, and adhere it to the back of the branch.
1. Adhere the roof, entrance holes and perches to the front gold leaf layer.
2. Adhere the green and gold embellishing strips to the white layering panel, then adhere the panel to the gold leaf layer.
1, Adhere the sentiment and two flowers over the top entrance hole, and adhere the flower cluster and bird over the bottom entrance hole.
2. Adhere the die cut sentiment and two flowers to the inside panel.
1. Adhere the front and inside panels to the card base, and voila, your adorable bird house birthday card is now complete! 😉
CutCardStock products used:
Curious Metallic 92# Gold Leaf cardstock
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock
Basis 80# Brown cardstock
Stardream Metallic 105# Antique Gold cardstock
Basis 80# Navy cardstock
Basis 80# Medium Blue cardstock
Basis 80# Blue cardstock
Curious Metallic 111# Night cardstock
Curious Metallic 111# Chestnut cardstock
Basis 80# Coral Cardstock
Basis 80# Gold cardstock
Basis 80# Teal cardstock
Basis 80# Red cardstock
Pop-Tone 65# Tangy Orange cardstock
Pop-Tone 65# Gumdrop Green cardstock
Pop-Tone 65# Jellybean Green cardstock
Pop-Tone 65# Grape Jelly cardstock
Other products used:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy stamp set
Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle ink
Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers, CUTplorations Skinny Sentiments, Sizzix Bird Scene Thinlits, Scrapbook.com Celebrate Word Die
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Gemini Junior, MISTI stamp tool, Bearly Arts precision craft glue, Scrapbook.com 1/4″ Double-Sided Adhesive Roll, Darice Adhesive Foam Circles
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!