Living in Maine, winters are long and cold. So to keep a warm atmosphere in our home, I enjoy burning candles. Birgit here with you today, and I’ll show you how you can make easy DIY snow globe votive holders using general household supplies and 80# Classic Crest cardstock.
Here’s a peek at what I’ve used in today’s project:
Here’s what you’ll need for other supplies: A clean glass jar from your recycling bin, Mod Podge, Epsom Salt, Sponge Brush, 80# Classic Crest Neenah Solar White Cardstock, a landscape or border die of your choice, Twine, and embellishments.
- Cut two landscape or border dies using Neenah Solar White Cardstock (more if you have a large jar).
- Cover the bottom portion of the jar using Mod Podge and the sponge brush.
- Wrap the die-cut borders around the jar, making sure they wrap around the whole jar and fasten with rubber bands until dry.
- Remove the rubber bands and coat the entire jar using Mod Podge, covering over the die cuts as well.
- Sprinkle Epsom Salt over the surface of the jar, using a paper plate to catch the excess. All to dry.
Once your jar is dry, attach your embellishments using twine and wrap the twine around the jar’s threaded rim, tying it off with a bow.
Insert a votive candle or you can use battery operated lights to make your candle glow. So pretty!
I hope you enjoyed today’s DIY snow globe votive and are inspired to make one of your own. Be sure to visit the CutCardStock store to see all the amazing products they have for all your printing and crafting needs. You can also follow them on Instagram and Facebook!