Hello and welcome to the CutCardStock Blog! It’s Gloria with you today and it’s time to start making those Christmas cards! Our November theme is the colors of Christmas: red, white, and green! All cardstock in our theme color is on SALE!
I created a Clean and Simple card in the theme colors. I love traditional colors, with pops of blue and pink. I colored a holiday image as my focal point for the card. If you love to color, this type of card is quick and easy to make! If coloring is not your thing, you can used a pre-made image for your focal point.
1. Cut Mars Stardream Metallic Cardstock to 10 3/4″ x 4 1/8″. Score on the long side at 5 3/8″ to make a top-fold card 5 3/8″ x 4 1/4″.
2. Trim Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock to approximately 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and emboss with Distressed Stripes embossing folder (Cuttlebug). Trim the embossed panel to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and attach to the card front.
3. Use a Scallop Rectangle Frame die template (My Favorite Things) to trim a piece of Fairway Stardream Metallic Cardstock.
4. Use thin pieces of foam adhesive to attach the frame to the card front.
5. Stamp an image onto Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock with black ink (Power Poppy). Color the image with Copic markers. Add glitter to the image with a clear sparkle pen. (You may also choose to stamp the image onto watercolor paper and color with watercolor markers or paints, also available from CutCardStock.)
6. Use a stitched rectangle die cut template (Elizabeth Craft) to cut out the image. Mat the image with a piece of Mars Stardream Metallic Cardstock. Use foam squares to attach the image to the card front.
7. Tie a bow from green gingham ribbon and glue to the upper left corner of the card. Glue three metal bells to the card as shown.
8. Cut two pieces of Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and line the inside panels of the card.
Thanks for looking!
~ Gloria Stengel: Scraps of Life
CutCardStock Supplies Used: