Hello and welcome to the CutCardStock Blog! It’s Gloria with you today. I have a 7″ x 5″ photo folio tutorial to share.
The folio folds up to 7″ tall by 5″ wide and is 1/8″ thick. I have a magnetized band keeping the folio closed. I paired the bold Pop-Tones Cardstock with pretty decorative paper to make a fun gift, perfect for your best friend!
The folio opens to 11″ wide and contains space for a large photo, plus there is a pocket for more photos or journaling.
5. Fold the folio so that the 1-inch tab is on the right side of the project as shown. Burnish all score lines.
6. Cut a border strip from decorative paper that is 1 1/4″ wide by 12″ long. Place a magnet under the right edge of the border strip, then wrap the strip to the left edge and around to the back of the folio. Place a second magnet onto the back of the loose end of the border strip.
The back of the folio will look like the photo above.
7. Glue a decorative chipboard element to the top of the border strip. Stamp word art onto Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock with black ink. Cut the image into a banner shape. Cut Pop-Tones Wild Cherry Cardstock into a banner shape, slightly larger than the image. Mat the image and attach to the upper left corner of the folio. Embellish the image with sticker corners and fussy cut shells.
8. Open the folio and cut plaid decorative paper to 6 7/8″ x 7/8″ and attach to the 1-inch tab.
9. Cut Berrylicious Cardstock to 6 7/8″ x 4 7/8″ and attach to the center panel. Cut Wild Cherry Cardstock to 6 1/8″ x 4 5/8″ and attach to the top of the Berrylicious Cardstock.
10. Cut a photograph slightly smaller than the Wild Cherry photo mat and attach to the panel.
11. Cut plaid decorative paper to 1/2″ x 4 5/8″ and attach to the bottom of the Berrylicious Cartstock mat. Add a decorative sticker strip to the center of the plaid paper.
13. Cut blue checked paper to 6 7/8″ x 4 5/8″ and attach to the first panel.
13. Create a pocket for the first panel. Cut Wild Cherry Cardstock to 2 3/8″ x 4 5/8″ and attach it on three side to the bottom of the first panel. Trim Berrylicious Cartstock to 2 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ and attach to the center of the pocket. Trim plaid decorative paper to 2 1/8″ x 4 3/8″ and attach to the center of the pocket.
14. Cut a strip of Wild Cherry Cardstock to approximately 1″ x 4 5/8″ and punch one edge with a scalloped border punch. Attach the strip to the top of the pocket. Cut a decorative border to fit the scalloped border strip and attach.
15. Stamp a sentiment onto Solar White Cardstock with black ink and cut into a banner shape. Attach the sentiment to the left side of the pocket with foam adhesive. Place photos and journaling spots into the pocket.
Thanks for looking!
~ Gloria Stengel: Scraps of Life
CutCardStock Supplies Used: