Presentation matters! Prettily wrapped gifts make receiving the gift all the more exciting. Even a very inexpensive gift, presented in a special way, makes the gift even more thrilling to receive. I found some very inexpensive, but YUMMY smelling tealights but they were in such mundane and insignificant packaging. I’ll bet with a little bit of cardstock, some ingenuity, and a bit of TLC, that the recipient will be most impressed with the presentation AND the yummy smell of the tealights.
The measurements I am giving you will be appropriate for 16 tealights so please measure your grouping of tealights before you begin this project. I understand that European tealights may be a different size from what we typically have in the US. Nevertheless, you can certainly adapt these instructions for your particular project.
For this project I have used Stardream Metallic Card Stock 105LB cover weight which is a very sturdy choice. For the matchbox style box to hold the tealights I have used the beautiful Stardream Metallic Bronze CS and cut the following:
Bottom of box – 9″ X 6″ scored at 1 3/8″ on all 4 sides, using a bone folder to make all scorelines sharp. Clip to the score lines on the 6″ side.
Cover for box – 10″ X 6 1/4″ scored on the long side at 1″, 2 3/8″, 5 1/2″, and 6 7/8″, again use a bone folder for the fold lines.
To make the bottom of the box to hold the tealights, fold in the small tabs and adhere to the longer tab, forming the ends and making an open box. I used Tombow Mono Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue. See how much nicer this already looks than the original packaging???
Before making the outside of the box (the wrapper) I cut a window with Long Rectangle Spellbinder die and made a border with Scalloped Long Rectangle die using Stardream Metallic Fine Gold CS. For the window I used CTI Glama Natural Translucent (Vellum) Clear and then added a couple of organza bows for dimension and interest.
Now on to the backdrop! I cut another piece of the Bronze CS to 6/14″ X 10 3/4″, scoring at 7 1/2″. I then used Stardream Metallic Fine Gold CS and Stardream Metallic Flame CS to mat the DP from the Memory Box Nightfall pack. I also added another bow and a couple of gold metallic corners.
At this point I adhere the completed matchbox with tealights to the base of the backdrop using strong double face tape. In order to keep the backdrop standing I used a small velcro dot. Finally I decorated the backdrop with an embossed chipboard tree and fence and Autumn FlowerSoft on the ground. And here is the final product!!!
Thank you so very much for coming by today and I hope you will try this project and let me know what you think about it. If you have questions or need more information, please feel free to ask me in a comment or send me an email and I will get back to you right away. Until the next time, hugs from Jacque!
CutCardStock products used in this project: