Have you been to a wedding yet this month? I have, and I always want to make a special card for the happy couple. I decided to go nontraditional with this card; it is a little ‘punny’, although still elegant.
The trendy colors of yellow, black and gray were perfect for this card, and is one of my favorite color combos right now. CutCardStock has the perfect colors for this pretty palette.
To make this card, you will need these CutCardStock supplies:
Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock, Poptones Sample Pack, Flavours Gourmet Sample Pack, and Sheer Organza Ribbon in white.
- Start with a 4.25 x 5 1/2″ Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock base. Next, add a layer to that, again using Neenah Crest Solar White and emboss it with a wood grain embossing folder. There is something about the look of embossed white cardstock that I just love.
- Cut a panel of Squid Ink from the Flavours Gourmet Sample pack. It should be about 2″x 4 1/4″. Emboss it with a polka dot embossing folder. Add a small scalloped edge to the lower edge of this strip, using dp. Adhere this to the white card mat.
- Stamp your frame image on Neenah Crest Solar White cardstock and diecut it out in a circle shape.
- Die cut a mat in Carmelized Mustard from the Flavours Gourmet Sample Pack. Mat your white circle with this and adhere on the Squid Ink panel.
- Die cut some leaves using Jelly Bean Green from the Pop Tones Sample Pack. Tuck them in behind and on the right side of your circle panel.
- Watercoloring is another trend that is fun and so gorgeous. I stamped my pears in mixed media paper and then, using reinkers, watercolored them. They were fussy cut out and popped up with dimensional adhesive on the circle panel.
- Add a piece of Sheer Organza Ribbon along the top edge of the Squid Ink panel and behind the circle. Add a bow on the right side of the strip of ribbon.
- Stamp the banner portion of the frame image on Neenah Crest Solar White Card Stock and fussy cut it out. Pop it up on dimensionals and adhere it over the original image.
- Stamp the remainder of the sentiment on Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock and cut it into a strip. Adhere it with dimensionals over the top right edge of the circle panel.
Thanks for stopping by today; I hope I have inspired you!