Recently I (Eli) saw a card with a Spellbinders die template on it called Just Swingin’. I immediately purchased the die template and here is the first card I made with it.
I wanted to do some layering with the die cut but the intricate nature of is was fairly intimidating but in the long run it was not too difficult. The great thing about this intricately detailed design is that there is no right or wrong way to layer.
Let’s start with what you’ll need.
Stardream Metallic Vista Blue
Pop Tones Gumdrop Green
Green Grocer Kraft
Pop Tones Sour Apple
Just Swingin’ die template and die cut machine
Sentiment Stamp, Black ink, glitter pens
Dimensional Adhesive, double sided adhesive
- Cut Stardream Metallic Vista Blue paper only using the outer frame of the die template
- Cut one of each of the following using the tree die cut and the frame: Pop Tones Gumdrop Green, Green Grocer Kraft (I left the frame off of this one because it was not essential), Pop Tones Sour Apple
- Fussy cut the brown “tree” and light green “leaves”.
- Enhance the tree trunk with glitter pens as seen here. If desired add the lighter brown to the middle an the dark brown to the sides.
- Using black ink, stamp onto the blue card backing. Since the blue is metallic paper, it is wise to heat emboss the sentiment with ultra-fine embossing powder. Without this, the ink may smudge.
- Color the flowers and leaves with Spica Glitter pens
- Layer the card elements and add a bow onto the tree trunk.
- Using Dimensional adhesive, add the card element onto the base: Basis Purple.
Cut Card Stock products used in this project: