· Plain gift bag (I used one that measures 7 ¾ x 10 ¼)
· Basis Red, cut to 7 ¾ x 10 ¼
· Basis Black, 1 ½ x 7 ¾
· Stardream Metallic Crystal (white), 3 x 10 ¼
· Curious Metallic Gold Leaf, large scrap
· Square punch, 1 3/8”
· Favorite adhesive
· Paper trimmer or scissors
· Optional- sponge and gray ink
- Cut Basis red cardstock to the size of your bag. Tear each long side of the Crystal white cardstock to create a soft look. Tear toward you on both sides to give the edge an even, worn look.
- For added dimension, lightly sponge gray ink on to torn edges.
- Glue the Crystal white strip down the center of the red cardstock base. Adhere down the black belt strap; place it about 2/3 of the way down.
- Using the large gold leaf scrap, punch a square in the center of it. Then with your paper trimmer or a steady hand, create an even border around the punched square. This makes a shiny buckle for Santa’s belt. My buckle measures about 2 ¾ x 2 ¾ .
- Glue the buckle down and see Santa come to life! Add a special gift and some matching tissue, and share a little Christmas magic!