|Cuttlefish Invitation Suite Sample – click to visit my shop – printed on Savoy 100% 118lb paper, with Poptone French envelopes, using antique natuical illustrations|
|Ye Olde Cape Cod Set of 8 folded notes – Neenah Classic linen|
Hi! I’m Ruth, the designer behind Concertina Press, specializing in wedding invitations and customized personal stationery featuring antique engravings. Living in Cape Cod, Massachusetts (where the pilgirms first landed!) my taste definitely leans toward the nautical, but I also have a soft spot for gorgeous botanical illustrations as well.
I do almost all of my printing with just a few products – Savoy 100% Cotton 118lb stock, which is elemental chlorine free and tree free, French’s Pop Tones cardstock, and envelopes, made right here in the USA, and Neenah classic linen cardstock and envelopes.
Environmentally responsible companies are important to me, so having options for tree-free or recycled papers is important.
|Floating Jellyfish Wedding invitation – Printed on 100% Cotton Savoy paper, Basis Envelope|
I’ve been using Cut Cardstock as my main supplier since I started my business this past spring.
There are several things I really like about Cut Cardstock, in comparison to other cardstock suppliers I’ve tried.
- They offer small quantities of cut cardstock from the Michigan-based hydroelectric mill French Paper Company. I love to use it for layering and paper sculptures (but I will say, I wish CC would carry the 100lb too!). I also love French Paper Co. envelopes.
- They package their items with re-sealable bags, perfect for the humid climate I live in, so my envelopes don’t stick together and my paper doesn’t warp.
- Fast Shipping! It usually only takes me 3 days to receive my paper over here in Massachusetts, even if I use the “Free Shipping” (for orders over $125) option, where some companies might skimp and send my package via donkey to save on money.
- The cut stock is true to size! I HATE not being able to get true 5″x7″ paper because it messes up borderless printing, but cut cardstock comes through
- Sometimes my orders are packaged by someone named “Ruth”- great name!
|Narwhal Notes! Set of 10 printed on Neenah linen paper|
Thanks again to Cut Cardstock for allowing me to feature my shop on your blog! Readers, don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions either by commenting on my blog or following the “contact me” link in my online shop.