Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! Do you like a good sturdy card base?! Oh, I sure do! The card I’m sharing with you today features the amazing 110# Classic Crest cardstock that’s on sale this month and is a staple in my studio! Be sure to stock up! This overall clean and simple design boasts a pretty paper pieced dimensional rose in tone-on-tone pink and green which is one of my favorite color combos!
CUT CARD BASE AND LAYERS
- Cut a stitched scalloped A2 size card base and one stitched oval from Classic Crest Solar White 110# cardstock. Trace around the rose die with a pencil on a scrap piece of white cardstock and cut just inside the pencil line; this will be the base of the paper pieced rose.
- Cut four rose outlines from Curious Metallic Night 111# cardstock along with two sentiments.
- Cut one rose from Curious Metallic Aloe 111# cardstock (retaining just the negative space pieces of the leaves) along with two stitched rectangles.
- Cut one rose from Curious Metallic Pink Quartz 111# cardstock (retaining just the negative space pieces of the rose) along with one stitched oval. Cut a smaller stitched oval with embossed scallops out of the center of the larger one, leaving a stitched embossed oval frame and small stitched oval.
- Adhere one aloe rectangle to the front of the card base and adhere the pink oval to the center of the rectangle.
- Adhere the oval frame to the white oval, and then adhere both to the remaining aloe rectangle.
- Paper piece the rose with the pink and green negative space pieces, and layer all four black rose outlines on top of one another. Layer one sentiment on top of the other.
ADHERE DIE CUTS AND ADD STAMPING
- Adhere the rose in the upper left corner of the front of the card base and the sentiment in the lower right corner.
- Stamp the inside sentiment in black ink on the upper portion of the white oval.
- Finish the card front with three small gold rim pink pearls.
- Adhere the inside sentiment panel to the inside of the card base. And you’re finished! 🙂
Other products used:
Stamps: The Project Bin Born Yesterday stamp set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Dies/Punches: Papertrey Ink Scalloped A2 die collection, Paper Smooches Single Rose die, Sizzix Celebration Words: Script die
Accessories: Tombow Mono permanent adhesive, Bearly Art precision craft glue, Gemini Junior, MISTI stamp tool, ScraPerfect gold rim pink pearls
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!