Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! Are you in full Christmas mode yet, or are you still doing Autumn/Fall crafts? Seems like I’m in Christmas mode all year long – and I make Christmas cards all year long. This fun beach-themed card features more of our red, white and green cardstock that’s been on sale this month (so be sure to stock up for your holiday crafts) and is a super easy one that could easily be mass-produced. And this is a great way to stretch those ‘regular’ stamps and get a little more out of them!
CUT CARD BASE AND LAYERING PANELS
- Cut a standard A2 size top-folding card base and two inside embellishing strips from Basis Green cardstock.
- Cut a front layering panel from Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White cardstock and an inside layering panel from Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White cardstock.
- Cut a wide strip from Brown Bag Kraft paper (not shown).
- Cut an inside layering panel and an embellishing strip from Basis Red cardstock.
CREATE BACKGROUND SCENE
- Stamp color layering waves.
- Lightly ink the sky with distress ink.
- Tear the kraft paper to create the shore line.
- Stamp, emboss and die cut an Adirondack chair.
STAMP SENTIMENTS AND ADHERE LAYERS
- Stamp the front sentiment in blue ink and adhere the Adirondack chair.
- Adhere the green and red embellishing strips to the inside panel, and die cut a stitched border on the red strip for a little interest.
- Stamp the inside sentiment in blue ink and adhere panel to the red cardstock layer.
- Add a Santa hat brad and adhere front panel to card base.
- Adhere inside panel to card base.
Other products used:
Stamps: Hero Arts Color Layering Waves stamp set, Hero Arts Year Round Messages stamp set, Dare 2B Artzy Flip Flops stamp set
Ink: Versamark, Ranger Distress Ink- Stormy Sky, Shaded Lilac; Catherine Pooler Tranquil, Stone Blue, Cove Blue and Rockin’ Red ink
Dies/Punches: Dare 2B Artzy Flip Flop & Adirondack Chair die set, Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders die
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, MISTI stamp tool, Big Shot, Bearly Art precision craft glue, Ranger Clear Embossing Powder, Hero Arts White Embossing Powder, Eyelet Outlet Santa Hat Brads
I hope you’ve enjoyed this beach-themed Christmas card! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!