What sights and smells trigger your holiday traditions and memories? Peppermint candies always bring me back to holidays at my grandparent’s home. No Christmas went by without a bowl of peppermint candies on the table. Even though I don’t eat them, their smell and sight always bring back good memories. My project today honors that memory. It’s got a “peppermint twist” and includes lots of dimension and a cute stack of baby reindeer.
I used textured green & red card stocks along with white glitter card stock from CutCardStock for this card. The dimension is created with 3mm white foam. You can substitute 2mm foam if needed.
- Bonsai Green Textured Card Stock
- Habanero Red Textured Card Stock
- Opulent Opal Glitter Card Stock
- Katherine Pooler Peppermint Twist Cover Plate Die
- Art Impressions Reindeer Stackers Stamp Set
- Art Impressions Hexagon Double Stitched Dies
- 2 or 3mm white craft foam
- Copic markers – See list at the end of this post
If you’d like to see how this card is made and my coloring, please watch by clicking on the thumbnail below.
STEPS TO CREATE THIS CARD:
- Cut two pieces with the cover plate die. Cut one out of Opulent Opal Glitter Card stock and another out of the foam.
- Remove foam and card stock star shapes in both layers and set aside.
- Match the glitter card stock to the foam and glue in place.
- Cut 3 strips of red and green card stock sized approximately 5″ x 7/8.” I found if I cut it just slightly under 7/8″ wide, it was the perfect width.
- Glue the strips diagonally to the back of the foam and glitter cardstock panels so that stripes of red and green show on the front of the card.
- Stamp, color and cut out the reindeer stackers image. I used Copic colors and the list of colors used can be found at the end of this post.
- Stamp the sentiment on red card stock with Versamark and heat emboss it in white. TIP: Use the untextured side to get the best embossed image.
- Cut the sentiment out with the second from smallest Hexagon Die.
- Cut another Hexagon in green card stock using the 3rd from smallest die. Glue the two hexagons together
- Mount the reindeer image with double-sided foam slightly left of center.
- Glue the sentiment near the reindeer so it looks like they are holding up the sentiment.
- Replace two of the foam stars in the card and glue foam stars on top. Then glue a matching white glitter card stock star on each foam star. Glue a round embellishment to the center of each star. I used clay polymer candy but gems or sequins would also work.
- Glue the finished card panel on a card base made with red card stock.
COPIC COLORS USED:
- Deer: E59, E57, E35, E13, E53, C1, C3, R20
- Collars: R24, Y35
- Bells: Gold Wink of Stella. Clear Wink of Stella can be used instead.
Can’t you just smell those peppermints? Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you’ll stop by the STORE and check out all their red, green and white card stock for your holiday projects!