I might have a thing for specialty papers like glitter or metallic papers. How about you? How fun is it when you can dress up the simplest of die cuts with a little metallic paper? This month, CutCardStock has all their orange, gold and brown papers on sale, including the glittery and metallic ones! So follow along with my tutorial and then head over to see what shiny or non shiny ones you want.
1. Die cut all three pumpkins outsides from Stardream Flame cardstock and the insides from CCS Gold Glitter Paper.
2. Die cut the top of just the smallest pumpkin from Stardream Flame cardstock and the stem from Stardream Bronze.
3. Assemble each pumpkin separately with liquid glue.Also assemble the top of the smallest pumpkin. I cut the extra CCS Gold Glitter Paper off where the top is supposed to be.
4. Add thin foam squares to each pumpkin. Place one square to join each pumpkin to the one above it. Do the same for the top.
5. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 4” x 5 1/4” and stamp the sentiment just below where the pumpkin will go then place on an A2 card base with foam tape. I stamped my sentiment in brown ink before I decided to add the black cat. If I’d thought of the cat sooner, the sentiment would probably have looked best in black.
6. Add the pumpkins one at a time getting them as close together as possible. You could add a small amount of liquid glue to give you some time to move things around.
7. Die cut the cat from Curious Metallic Black Night cardstock. I chose to leave the eyes and nose black. Add to the card with foam squares and liquid glue where it overlaps the pumpkin.
8. Add a trail of small black pearls across the card.
Though CutCardStock sells their metallic and glitter papers in generous quantities, I still save the tiniest pieces. I’d hate to use a full sheet for a small die cut when I can save my scraps for that. At this rate, I’ll never run out! Do you save the tiniest scraps? Of all papers or just the specialty ones? If you create something inspired by my post, please share it with us!