Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! Are you ready for Fall, or are you still squeezing every little bit out of Summer that you can get?! I’m a ‘Fall, then Winter, then Spring’ kind of girl, so I’m definitely on the Fall train! I created a pretty Thanksgiving card to share today featuring our Autumn cardstock colors of brown, orange, and gold that are on sale this month (so be sure to stock up!) which I paired with a good and sturdy 110# Natural card base!
CUT CARD BASE AND LAYERS
1. Cut a 6″ square card base from Basis Natural 110# cardstock.
2. Cut a piece of clear acetate to adhere behind the chevron aperture on the front of the card.
3. Cut inside embellishing strips from Basis Brown 80# cardstock, Pop-Tone Tangy Orange 65# cardstock, Stardream Metallic Antique Gold 105# cardstock, and Basis Natural 110# cardstock.
4. Cut rectangular pieces from Basis Brown 80# cardstock, Pop-Tone Tangy Orange 65# cardstock, and Stardream Metallic Antique Gold 105# cardstock to die cut additional chevrons.
1. Stamp a tone-on-tone background on the front of the card base using a text background stamp.
DIE CUT CHEVRONS
1. Die cut a chevron into the front of the card base, reserving the frame.
2. Die-cut additional chevrons from the rectangular pieces of Basis Brown 80# cardstock, Pop-Tone Tangy Orange 65# cardstock, and Stardream Metallic Antique Gold 105# cardstock, reserving one column of die-cut elements from each color and holding in place with post-it note strips – first column of the brown, middle column of the orange and third column of gold.
1. Adhere the acetate behind the chevron aperture on the front of the card base with double-sided tape.
2. Adhere an additional natural chevron frame (not pictured as this was an after-thought) to the underside of the reserved stamped frame with spray adhesive, then adhere them on top for a tad bit of dimension.
ADHERE EMBELLISHING STRIPS AND DIE CUT ELEMENTS
1. Working on the inside, adhere the embellishing strips cut from Basis Brown 80# cardstock, Pop-Tone Tangy Orange 65# cardstock, and Stardream Metallic Antique Gold 105# cardstock down the left side.
2. Adhere the columns of reserved die-cut elements into the negative spaces (without the frame), so they are visible on the front through the acetate.
ADD STAMPED SENTIMENTS AND FINISH CARD
1. Stamp the front sentiment in brown ink on a scrap piece of the natural cardstock, trim it and stack it on three more pieces of cardstock, and adhere it to the bottom portion of the card.
2. Stamp the inside sentiment in brown ink.
3. Add several small orange gemstones, and your Thanksgiving card is complete! 😉
CutCardStock products used:
Basis Natural 110# cardstock
Basis Brown 80# cardstock
Pop-Tone Tangy Orange 65# cardstock
Stardream Metallic Antique Gold 105# cardstock
Other products used:
Stamps: Trinity Stamps Encouragement Text 6×6 background stamp, Trinity Stamps A Sentiment For (Almost) Anything stamp set
Ink: Delicata White Shimmer ink, Catherine Pooler Icing On The Cake ink
Dies/Punches: Sizzix Alterations Chevron Frameworks die
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Grafix Craft Plastic, Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive, Bearly Art precision craft glue, Big Shot, MISTI stamp tool, Darice Hercules double-sided tape, 1mm thick adhesive foam pads, Darice orange gemstones
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Thanksgiving card! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!