Hello! I thrilled to be sharing my first post with you today. Do you find sympathy cards hard to create? Do you rush to make one when you need it? I’m here with a sympathy card I can add to my stash for those emotional and unexpected times when creating might be the last thing on my mind.
- Die cut butterfly pieces. The bottom three layers use Basis Natural 80lb Cardstock. The top layer is cut from Curious Metallics Virtual Pearl Cardstock.
- Die cut three hearts from the scraps of Virtual Pearl Cardstock.
- Die cut the frame twice from Curious Metallic Gold Leaf Cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Basis Natural 80lb Cardstock to 4” x 5 ¼”.
- Hot Foil the sentiment on the scrap of Natural Cardstock from the butterflies. Die cut it from a sentence strip die.
- Starting at the center of the bottom three butterflies, blend on a light orange ink. Fade it out before getting to the edges of the wings. Watch my YouTube video to see how I did it.
- Adhere butterflies with liquid glue only on the body and antenna. Die cut an extra set of antenna from the Curious Metallics Virtual Pearl Cardstock and glue them in place under the top layer.
- Adhere the frames with liquid glue. Add butterfly with only liquid glue on body and antenna.
- Add hearts with liquid glue. Adhere sentiment with foam tape.
- Add foam tape to the back of the panel and adhere to a white A2 card base cut from Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock.
I loved using the Curious Metallic Cardstocks on this card. They make a subtle shiny addition to a rather serious card. If you create a sympathy card (or any card!) with Curious Metallic Cardstock, please share it with us!
Other Supplies Used:
- Spellbinders Bonjour Large Die of the Month February 2019
- Spellbinders Geometrical Floral Frames Large Die of the Month June 2020
- Spellbinders Mini Everyday Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate and Die Set
- Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Aura
- Pinkfresh Studio Premium Dye Ink – Peach Fuzz
- Bearly Art Precision Glue
- Scotch Foam Tape
- Darice Foam Strips