Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! Who doesn’t need get well cards in their stash? I personally know a handful of people who have come down with the dreaded coronavirus so I’m trying to keep several of these cards handy. The pocket card I’m sharing with you today features more of the amazing Astrobrights cardstock that’s on sale this month along with a couple Pop-Tone cardstock colors and Solar White cardstock which is a staple in my studio!
- Die cut three large flowers, three small flowers, the pull-out card base and an embellishing strip from Astrobright Solar Yellow 80# cardstock.
- Die cut three large flower centers and six large leaves, three small flower centers and six small leaves, and a thin embellishing strip from Pop-Tone Gumdrop Green 65# cardstock.
- Die cut the flower pot and scalloped rim from Pop-Tone Tangy Orange 65# cardstock.
- Die cut the sentiment layer for the pull-out card from Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock.
- Assemble the flower pot which forms a pocket that the pull-out card slides into.
- Adhere the centers to the six flowers and two leaves to each flower.
- Adhere the three large flowers to the pull-out card base and put the three small flowers off to the side for a minute.
- Adhere the sentiment layer to the pull-out card.
- Stamp the front sentiment on the flower pot and the inside sentiment on the pull-out card.
- Affix the three smaller flowers to the pull-out card using two Double-Sided Adhesive Foam Circles behind each flower. The dimension is needed for the flowers to hang over the rim of the flower pot when the card is inserted into the flower pot.
- Add a tiny iridescent gemstone to each scallop on the rim of the flower pot. How super cute is this?!
CutCardStock products used:
Astrobright Solar Yellow 80# cardstock
Pop-Tone Tangy Orange 65# cardstock
Pop-Tone Gumdrop Green 65# cardstock
Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock
Double-Sided Adhesive Foam Circles
Other products used:
Stamps: The Cat’s Pajamas Simply Stacked sentiments
Ink: Stampin’ Up Cajun Craze ink
Dies/Punches: Honey Bee Stamps Flower Pot Card die set
Accessories: Tombow Mono permanent adhesive, Bearly Art precision craft glue, Gemini Junior, MISTI stamp tool, Darice tiny iridescent gemstones
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!