Hello and welcome to the CutCardStock Blog! It’s Gloria with you today and I am still making Christmas cards! Our November theme is the colors of Christmas: red, white, and green! All cardstock in our theme color is on SALE!
I used another colored image for the card. Since coloring is something you can do while watching TV or listening to music, or even something to do while waiting in doctors’ offices or at game practices, it is easy to have enough colored images by the time Christmas rolls around each year!
CutCardStock has plenty of coloring supplies for you to chose from! Check the Artistic Supplies or the Writing Tools sections to see all the pens and paints available!
I kept my directions simple, just like my previous card (see HERE) to make it a SNAP to make a batch of cards for your holiday celebrations!
1. Cut Pop Tones Red Hot Cardstock to 11″ x 4 1/4″. Score on the long side at 5 1/2″ to make a top-fold card 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″.
2. Trim Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock to approximately 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ and attach to the card front.
3. Use a stitched rectangle die template (Elizabeth Craft Designs) to trim a piece of Basis Green Cardstock (5 1/4″ x 4″) and attach the panel to the card front.
4. Trim green printed paper (Graphic 45 St. Nicholas) to 5″ x 3 3/4″ and attach to the card front.
5. Stamp an image (Power Poppy) onto Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock with black ink. Color the image with Copic markers. Add glitter to the image with a clear sparkle pen. (You may also choose to stamp the image onto watercolor paper and color with watercolor markers or paints, also available from CutCardStock.)
6. Use a stitched circle die cut template (My Favorite Things) to cut out the image. Mat the image with a piece of Pop Tones Red Hot Cardstock. Use foam squares to attach the image to the card front.
7. Tie a bow from red and green plaid ribbon and glue to the upper right corner of the card. Tie a second bow from glitter twine and glue to the top of the plaid bow. Glue three metal bells to the card as shown.
8. Cut two pieces of Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock to 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ and line the inside panels of the card. Use black ink to stamp a sentiment onto the bottom panel. Use gray ink to stamp an image onto the lower left corner of the panel.
Thanks for looking!
~ Gloria Stengel: Scraps of Life
CutCardStock Supplies Used: