Do you love metallic cardstock? I do! I especially love subtle metallics that I can use all over my card. I’ve used Stardream Metallic Cardstock which is on sale through the end of December if you want to pick some up!
1 Die cut the floral dies at least three times from Stardream Metallic Pearl Cardstock. You’ll want plenty of die cuts to fill the entire page.
2. Die cut the same florals from Basis White 80lb Cardstock. I like to add a bit of dimension to my die cuts. I only added one layer but you could add two or three if you wish! Adhere to the metallic die cuts.
3. Hot foil the sentiment on Stardream Metallic Pearl Cardstock and die cut from coordinating die. I like how well the sentiment hot foiled on this cardstock.
4. Die cut three blank die cuts for the sentiment die from Basis White 80lb Cardstock and adhere together. You could alternatively use foam adhesive but I like to use cardstock for dies with thin sections.
5. Adhere the sentiment to the Stardream Metallic Ruby Cardstock cut to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”. Adhere this first so you can easily place the die cut around it.
6. Adhere the die cuts throughout the panel, allowing some to go off the panel. Once dry cut the excess off and use the leftover bits to fill in any holes in the edge. Unlike when I stamp an all over background, I left larger gaps between the die cuts.
7. Add dots with white gel pen throughout the panel. I tried to add small white pearls instead but they were too much for this card.
8. Adhere large iridescent gems to the flower centers. Add panel to a Basis A2 Folded White Note Card.
How do you like to use your metallic cardstock? Have you tried hot foiling on it? Have you used it as the card base yet? I went with light die cuts on dark cardstock but it might be fun to try dark die cuts on light cardstock. I also want to try filling in some of the open space inside the die cut with glitter glue or something. Let us know what you create with the Stardream Metallic Cardstock !