Stardream Metallic Cardstock is so beautiful it’s definitely a favorite of mine. It’s also the monthly special for December so it’s a good time to stock up. Today I’m going to show you two ways to use Stardream Metallic Cardstock for some over the top cards! Both cards are basically the same so I will not share separate instruction but will make notes where necessary.
1 Cut Crystal Stardream Metallic Cardstock to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
2. Place in a 3D embossing folder and run through die cutting machine. I used a thick paper shim to get a nice deep impression.
3. Die cut snowflakes and swirls from Basis White 80lb Cardstock four times.
4. Die cut the snowflakes and swirls four times from Curious Translucent Iridescent Pearl Cardstock.
5. Die cut the sentiment from Stardream Metallic Cardstock in Lapis Latzuli.
6. Swipe the bottom of the sentiments with a very small amount of blue glitter paste. Set aside to dry.
7. Add ink to the snowflakes and swirls starting with a light color and adding darker to a smaller portion.
8. Arrange the pieces on the embossed panel. Pick them up with masking tape as one piece and flip over.
9. Add liquid glue to most pieces. I popped a few top snowflakes up on thin foam squares. Flip masking tape over and set in place on panel. Cut overhanging pieces off.
Since we are using a coated paper the glue will not adhere and dry quickly or at all unless you place heavy acrylic blocks over the pieces or use reverse tweezers to hold things in place. Eventually everything held tight.
10. Add sentiment with tiny bits of foam strips behind letters.
11. Add to a White Basis A2 Folded Blank Notecard. Adhere jewels throughout card and in center of snowflakes.
I really love how this card turned out! The dark colored sentiments looked boring against the snowflakes until I decided to add the glitter paste. To create two card, I did everything assembly line style, which helped things go faster. I wish you could see all the sparkle and shine on these cards!