Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! Are you feeling the deadline crunch on finishing up your Christmas cards?! I create them all year long, so come December 1st, I’m ready! I have a pretty patchwork Christmas card in non-traditional colors of pink and green to share with you today. This is called a ‘disappearing nine patch card’ and it’s super easy and a lot of fun!
CUT CARD BASE AND LAYERING PANELS
- Cut a top-folding square card base along with front and inside layering panels from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock.
- Cut front and inside layering panels from Stardream Metallic Azalea cardstock.
- Cut inside embellishing strips from pink patterned digital paper and Stardream Metallic Fairway cardstock.
DIE CUT STITCHED SQUARES
- Die cut nine stitched squares from Stardream Metallic Fairway cardstock and several additional pink and green patterned digital papers.
- Die cut the jumping deer twice from Stardream Metallic Azalea cardstock and adhere them together for the focal element on the card front.
CREATE PATCHWORK BASE
- Adhere the nine die cut stitched squares onto a piece of Stick It adhesive sheet in a three-row grid.
- Cut the piece in half vertically and then again horizontally, and run each of the four squares through your die cutting machine with a larger stitched square die.
COMPLETE PATCHWORK BACKGROUND
- Rotate each of the four squares until you have the patchwork design you’re happy with.
- Peel off the Stick It adhesive sheet backing from the back of the squares and adhere them to the white cardstock layering panel.
- Adhere the patchwork background to the pink layering panel and adhere to card base.
- Adhere the inside embellishing strips to the white cardstock panel and then adhere the panel to the pink layering panel.
ADHERE FOCAL ELEMENT AND ADD STAMPING
- Adhere the jumping deer to the card front.
- Stamp the front sentiment in green ink on a white cardstock scrap and die cut it with a banner die. Adhere it to the card front.
- Stamp the inside sentiment in green ink.
- The layered patchwork panel has already been adhered to the card front.
- Adhere the inside panel to the inside of the card base to complete the card.
Other products used:
Paper: Ephemoire Peppermint Stick digital papers
Stamps: Concord & 9th Home for the Holidays stamp set, The Project Bin Maybe Christmas stamp set
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves ink
Dies/Punches: My Favorite Things Stitched Square STAX Die-namics, CUTplorations Two Reindeer Dies, Concord & 9th Home for the Holidays Stacks Dies
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Bearly Art precision craft glue, MISTI stamp tool, Big Shot, Stick It adhesive sheet
I hope you’ve enjoyed this disappearing nine patch card! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!