I love Autumn and all it’s colors. What about you? I was a bit daring on this card with the bright Pop Tone Blue Raspberry cardstock paired with the muted autumn colors of gold, orange and brown. Those three colors are on sale for the month of September at CutCardStock. What will you do with them?
1. I began by embossing a 4” x 5 1/4” piece of Pop Tone Blue Raspberry cardstock with an embossing folder. The blue cardstock was a bold choice, one I wouldn’t normally make but this is such a simple card, I really wanted to shake things up a bit.
2. I then die cut a leaf from Stardream Metallic Flame, Stardream Metallic Bronze and Stardream Metallic Antique Gold. While doing so, I took the opportunity to die cut all of the leaves in the die set for future use.
3. Next, I hot foiled the sentiment on a scrap of Pop Tone Blue Raspberry cardstock and then I die cut it into a strip.
4. I added the embossed panel to a Basis A2 Folded Blank Note Cards with foam adhesive.
5. The leaves were placed overlapping each other on the card with thin foam squares.
6. Finally, I added the sentiment over the leaves with a foam strip.
This card is perfect for an Autumn birthday. The Stardream cardstock in gold, brown and orange plus many others in the same colors are on sale for the month of September. The perfect color as we move from our bright summer colors into the muted tones of Autumn.
Is the blue too much contrast for you? You could instead use white cardstock, a nice deep red or a dark purple. Let me know what colors you would use. Leave a comment or tag us on social media!