Have you tried hot foiling? I’ve fallen in love with it! The Basis Cardstock foiled very well and created a simple and elegant card.
1. Cut a piece of Basis 80# Cardstock in Natural to 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
2. Foil the flower border, then the sentiment.
3. Die cut the curved line below the flowers.
4. Die cut a scrap piece of Curious Mettalic Gold Leaf Cardstock with the curved die and adhere it just peeking out below the cut line on the foiled panel.
5. Adhere the leftover piece of Basis 80# Cardstock in Natural to the bottom of the front of an Basis Blank A2 Folded Card.
6. Add foam tape to the back of the foiled piece and adhere to Basis Blank A2 Folded Card.
7. Add flat backed pearls in a similar cream color to the Basis 80# Cardstock in Natural.
I love how simple this monochromatic card was to make. It seems to have an understated elegance about it. Like I said before, I love hot foiling! If you give it a try on some Basis Cardstock, please share that with us!
[…] post first appeared on the CutCardStock blog. Unfortunately, the Glimmer Plates used for this card are not in stock right now but hopefully will […]