Hello and welcome to the CutCardStock Blog! It’s Gloria with you today with a fall-themed card! To celebrate fall, this month at CutCardStock all brown, orange, and gold cardstock is on sale!
Fall is in the air, even here in southern California! We have had a nice break from the hot, summer weather with some cool and breezy temperatures. We don’t get much in the way of “fall color” here, so I try to decorate my house in fall themes. This lovely fall image makes me dream of harvest and the colors of gold, red, orange, and yellow.
To make this project:
1. Cut Pop Tones Hot Fudge cardstock to 7″ x 5″. Cut a second piece to 7 1/2″ x 5″ and score at 1/2″ from the top edge. Using Scor-tape, connect the two pieces together at the fold to create a 7″ x 5″ top-fold card.
2. Cut Basis Dark Orange cardstock to 6 7/8″ x 4 7/8″. Using Ranger Distress Rusty Hinge ink, stamp a small acorn image randomly onto the dark orange cardstock. Allow the ink to dry. Attach the stamped panel to the card front with double-sided adhesive.
3. Emboss two pieces of Core’dinations Vintage 6×6 cardstock, one gold and one green. Lightly sand the embossed pattern. Cut both pieces into large banner shapes and mat with Pop Tones Hot Fudge cardstock. Attach both banners to the top of the card as shown.
4. Stamp large fall image onto Classic Linen Natural White cardstock with brown ink. Stamp the sentiment next to the lower left portion of the image. Color the image with Copic alcohol markers. (The linen cardstock has a slight texture, and may absorb more ink than other papers. However, the ink does not bleed and accepts the color wonderfully.) Use a stitched rectangle die to cut out the image. (The image panel is 5 1/4″ x 4″.) Using foam adhesive, attach the image to the lower center of the card front.
5. Glue a large wood button to the upper right corner of the image. Add a bow tied with natural, orange, and brown twine. Glue a small wood button to the top of the bow.
6. Line the inside of the card with Classic Linen Natural White cardstock.
~ Gloria Stengel: Scraps of Life
CutCardStock Supplies Used: