Hello and welcome! It’s Gloria with you today, sharing a friendship card with a hidden gift card holder!
I created a 6″ x 6″ card, suitable for celebrating a birthday, Mother’s Day, a graduation, or just for saying, “Hello!” The Brown Bag Kraft papers and envelopes, paired with the colorful Basis Cardstock and the country prints make this card fun for all the ladies in your life.
The front of the card contains a hidden flap. Inside the flap are two pockets for gift cards!
The inside of the card contains panels for stamping or writing a message.
To create this card follow the steps below.
2. Cut decorative paper to 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ (or use a stitched square die cut template). Mat the panel with Basis Black Cardstock cut to 5 3/8″ x 5 3/8″. Attach the panel to the center of the card front.
3. Emboss a Brown Bag Kraft A6 Invitation with a chicken wire embossing folder.
4. Sponge the embossed area with white ink. Trim the panel to 4 7/8″ x 2″ and mat with Basis Black Cardstock cut to 5″ x 2 1/8″. Attach the panel to the left side of the card front.
5. Create the gift card pockets by cutting the flap from the top of a Brown Bag Kraft A6 Envelope. Score the envelope at 3 1/4″ and fold.
6. Sponge the edges of the envelope with white ink.
7. Matt the bottom panel of the envelope with Basis Black Cardstock and attach it to the center of the card front.
8. Decorate the top panel. Attach a bow to the upper left corner of the card.
9. Attach two small magnets to the inside panels and decorate the pockets. Add paper and decoration to the inside panels of the card, if desired.
Thanks for looking!
CutCardStock Supplies Used: