Today is a very bittersweet day for me. First, I’m here with you with my LAST tutorial for CutCardStock.com. My Design Team term is over and I am so sad to be leaving all the great people here. But please say that you will continue to follow me on my personal blog… you never know when a fun tute or printable will come up! And second, this tutorial was hard to complete b/c my baby girl is starting Kindergarten this year /sniff
So with all the sadies out of the way… let’s get to making something super cute and super functional for the new school year!!!
We will be making a Student Info Card. If you have a kiddo that rides the bus or a kiddo in elementary school, then you know how important these little cards are. With having a Kindergartener it’s so easy for them to get lost in school and even on the way to the bus. With one look, a teacher is able to see exactly where that student needs to be by the information on the back.
You will need:
Embossed Panel A2 Flat Cards
Squid Ink CardStock
1. Take your A2 sized flat cards and print out the information above. I have already made a FREE Printable for you to use. Just download and print. Make sure to print at actual size and to print on paper no larger then 4×6 or smaller then 3×5.
2. On the front of your A2 Flat Cards you will begin to decorate your card. I used the Squid Ink Grey CardStock.
3. On top of the Grey CardStock, I added a fun school themed pattern paper and then another piece of ivory CardStock. This is where I will write my child’s first name/nick name. The paper I used here is by Lawn Fawn.
4. Next I added a simple apple embellishment which is part of a paper line by October Afternoon.
5. Add the child’s name and then punch TWO holes in the top. This is to help prevent the card from flipping over and having the personal information show to anyone that is watching. Hopefully no one is watching… but you can never be too careful.
6. Add your yarn and tie a knot at the end. Viola! You are done!!
Now grab some tissues b/c it’s time for that first day of school.
Five years old and already to conquer the world. I know she feels ready… but this momma is not.
And don’t forget about our sale this month… all Esse Pearlized Card Stock is 10% off! Think of how pretty your Student Info Card would be with Pearlized CardStock instead of the plain CS I used. Oh the possibilities!! Stock up now while it’s on sale!!!
CutCardStock.com Products Used: