What would our 4th of July be without a little sparkle? I don’t often send cards for this holiday, but I looked at my abundant supplies and thought “why not?” I can’t think of a better reason to craft up something cute and send it to someone special!
I gathered my supplies:
I cut everything to size so I could easily assemble it:
- the Neenah Esse pearlized white, textured cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″ (this will be a landscape card that opens from the side)
- the Malmero Perle blue, I cut to 5″ x 3 3/4″
- my patterned paper I cut to 4 7/8″ x 2 1/8″
- I punched a star out of Malmero Perle red
- I tied by blue button with a bit of red/white bakers twine
I scored my white card base first. I love the texture on this cardstock. It adds a nice visual effect without requiring me to stamp or emboss it! I also rounded two of the corners just to spice things up a bit.
I layered my patterned paper on the blue Malmero cardstock. Using the mini glue dots is great for this layering. The dots adhere really well to the shiny cardstock. To kick things up a little bit, I tied on a knotted piece of the 7/8″ white satin ribbon. I attached my red star and blue button with more mini glue dots.
I used my own corner rounder punch, but if you’re making a lot of cards or invitations, don’t forget that CutCardStock.com offers corner rounding service!
I used the foam tabs to add my blue layers onto the card base. These tabs come in an assorted size pack, so it was nice to choose from the small or larger tabs. I love the dimension it adds to my card.
CutCardStock.com products used for this project: