The crafter who wants to give hand-made gifts this holiday season is ramping up for the home streatch. Time seems to blow past us fast and suddenly there’s no time to create. So why not take some time this weekend to create a gift.
With CutCardStock.com’s Neenah sale going on until the end of November, it’s a perfect time to stock up!
I’ve created a special holiday banner, something a good friend can display in her home while sharing with family and friends.
and here’s a little close up
I chose a subtle color scheme: white, cream and pink but feel free use your imagination for any color and saying. Try a blue and white “Happy Hanukkah” banner or black, white and silver for “Happy New Year.”
Papers: Neenah Classic Crest 80# Natural White, Neenah Classic Linen 80# Solar White, Stardream Metallic 105# Opal (Cutcardstock.com)
Tools: Die templates S4-294 Beaded Ovals, S5-029 Lacey Pennants Banners, Wizard (Spellbinders); R14 Sketch marker, Airbrush system (Copic); Cricut cartridge Cupcake, Cricut (Provo Craft)
Embellishments: Clear glitter glue, sticky gems, pink ribbon, mini white cupcake papers, heart head pins
Adhesives: 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue (Beacon Adhesives), Glue Dots (Glue Dots International)
- Cut/emboss thirteen S5-029 Lacey Pennants Banners (largest size) from Neenah Classic Crest 80# Natural White (or however many you need for your banner words).
This is the cutting sandwich: master mat, paper, die template
with cutting edge facing down, magnetic spacer and master mat.
This is the embossing sandwich:
master mat, die template with paper in it, embossing pad, master mat.
You can find great instructions on how to cut and emboss here.
- Cut/emboss the same amount of S4-294 Beaded Ovals (also largest size) from Neenah Classic Linen 80# Solar White
- Stencil the S4-294 Beaded Ovals by airbrushing through the die template holes.
Airbrush through the die template holesi Look what you get!
- Bling up the pennants and ovals by tracing around the main shape with glitter glue. It’s easy by just following the embossed edge
Follow the embossed edge with glitter glue
- Pull small flowers from silk flower bunches. Add glitter glue to 20-25 flowers. Allow to dry and add a gem to each center.
Add glitter glue to bling up the flowers
- Cut the title letters with Cupcake cartridge from Stardream Metallic 105# Opal
- Cut mini cupcake papers in half (enough for 2 halves/pennant)
- Layer each pennant piece: Pennant, cupcake papers, Beaded Ovals die templates, title letter.
- Embellish each pennant with the flowers and extra gems.
- Tie letters together with pink satin ribbon, 6″. Tie a longer piece on each end.
- Mail the banner off to a good friend!! or display it in your home so many can enjoy it.
Thanks for stopping by…get all the papers you need by going to CutCardStock.com‘s home page.
Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [17 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria