Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! I have a fun card to share with you featuring our Astrobrights cardstock that’s on sale this month – so be sure to stock up on some these amazing colors! I used Astrobrights Re-Entry Red cardstock and Astrobrights Solar Yellow cardstock on this friendship card with an alcohol ink background that, when paired with the Astrobrights cardstock, has a little tone-on-tone going on which turned out so cool!
CREATE ALCOHOL INK FOCAL PANEL
- Use alcohol inks on vellum along with a few drops of alcohol blending solution to create the focal panel, and just before it’s dry, ‘dab’ a piece of gold foil onto it which leaves small bits of the gold foil.
- Use a decorative stitched die to die cut the background from the inked panel, and reserve a trimmed piece to use as an inside embellishing strip.
CUT CARD BASE, LAYERING PANELS AND SENTIMENT DIE CUTS
- Cut a standard A2 size landscape side-folding card base from Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White cardstock.
- Cut front and inside layering panels from Astrobrights 80# Re-Entry Red cardstock (not shown in photo).
- Cut front and inside layering panels as well as a narrow embellishing strip from Astrobrights 80# Solar Yellow cardstock.
- Cut an inside layering panel from Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White cardstock.
- Die cut the sentiment three times from Astrobrights 80# Re-Entry Red cardstock and once from Astrobrights 80# Solar Yellow cardstock.
ADHERE SENTIMENT TO FOCAL PANEL
- Adhere the three red sentiment die cuts together and the yellow one behind as a shadow, and adhere them to the focal panel.
- Adhere the front focal panel to the solar yellow layering panel.
- Adhere the reserved alcohol ink strip to the top of the inside white layering panel and die cut the panel using the same die used for the front background panel. Adhere the narrow solar yellow embellishing strip, then adhere the panel to the solar yellow layering panel.
- Adhere Astrobrights 80# Re-Entry Red cardstock layering panels to the front and inside of the card base.
ADD STAMPING AND COMPLETE CARD
- Adhere the layered front focal panel to the front of the card base.
- Stamp the inside sentiment and adhere the layered panel to the inside of the card base.
Other products used:
Cardstock/Paper: Core’dinations 65# vellum
Stamps: Trinity Stamps A Sentiment For (Almost) Everything stamp set
Ink: Ranger Alcohol Ink- Poppyfield, Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow; Catherine Poole Rouge ink
Dies/Punches: CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Nesting Dies, CUTplorations Happy Everything Phrase Die
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution, Spellbinders Gold Glimmer Hot Foil, Big Shot, MISTI stamp tool
I hope you’ve enjoyed this card! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!