Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! It’s always a good idea to have several thinking of you cards on hand because you just never know when you might need to lift someone’s spirits. I created a pretty thinking of you card for today’s post featuring ivory cardstock that’s on sale this month (along with white cardstock) so be sure to stock up! I used the floating strips technique for this card and I think I’ve found a new favorite! This is so fun and so easy, you won’t believe it!
CUT CARD BASE AND LAYERS
1. Cut a standard A2 size top-folding card base and an inside layering panel from Neenah Classic Crest Baronial Ivory cardstock.
2. Cut a front layering panel from Royal Sundance Linen Ivory cardstock.
3. Cut an inside layering panel from Basis Dark Purple cardstock.
4. Cut a slightly smaller layering panel from acetate.
5. Cut strips in varying widths from Pop-Tone Grapesicle cardstock, Stardream Metallic Amethyst, Stardream Metallic Fairway cardstock and Basis Dark Purple cardstock.
6. Cut embellishing strips for the inside from Pop-Tone Grapesicle cardstock, Stardream Metallic Amethyst and Stardream Metallic Fairway cardstock.
1. Adhere the strips to the acetate, leaving a small space between each strip. Flip the acetate panel over and place several foam adhesive strips horizontally to prepare it for adhering to the front layering panel.
2. For the inside panel, adhere the embellishing strips to the left side of the ivory layering panel and adhere the panel to the dark purple cardstock.
ADHERE ACETATE PANEL AND ADD SENTIMENTS
1. Remove the backing paper from the adhesive strips and adhere the acetate panel to the front layering panel.
2. Stamp the front sentiment on ivory cardstock in purple ink, cut it with the coordinating die, and adhere it to the panel.
3. Stamp the inside sentiment in purple ink.
1. Adhere the front and inside panels to the card base.
2. Add several ivory enamel dots to the card front, and your lovely card is finished! 😉
CutCardStock products used:
Neenah Classic Crest Baronial Ivory cardstock
Royal Sundance Linen Ivory cardstock
Pop-Tone Grapesicle cardstock
Stardream Metallic Amethyst
Stardream Metallic Fairway cardstock
Basis Dark Purple cardstock
Other products used:
Stamps: Waffle Flower Essential Sentiments stamp set
Ink: Catherine Pooler Grape Crush ink
Dies/Punches: Waffle Flower Essential Sentiments die set
Accessories: Tonic Studios 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer, Grafix Craft Plastic, Bearly Art precision craft glue, MISTI stamp tool, Gemini Junior, Darice Double-Sided Adhesive Foam Strips, Eyelet Outlet Ivory Enamel Dots
I hope you’ve enjoyed this card! Be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!