Hello, CutCardStock fans! Leslie here, and thanks so much for joining me on the blog today!
Who doesn’t always need birthday cards in their stash? #cheesygrin #raisingmyhand … I make a lot of birthday cards because it seems I can never find ‘the right one’ that says ‘the right thing’ so I’m all about variety! The card I’m sharing with you today features Basis cardstock paired with Classic Linen, in a timeless clean and simple design!
I created a standard A2 size card base from Classic Linen Solar White 100# cardstock and cut a slightly smaller panel from Classic Linen Solar White 80# cardstock. I punched ten 3/4″ squares from the Basis Medium Blue cardstock and scored each one horizontally and vertically for some interest and also cut a 1/4″ strip to use on the inside. I cut the inside panel from Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock.
I rotated the squares to create diamond shapes and arranged them on a piece of copy paper, centering with a T-Square ruler, and taped them in place with removable tape.
I peeled the removable tape away from the copy paper and flipped the diamonds over, added some glue to the back of each one, flipped them over again, and adhered them to the Classic Linen Solar White 80# cardstock panel. I adhered the 1/4″ strip to the left side of the inside panel.
Using Stick-It adhesive sheet, I adhered the panel to white foam and then to the card base. I added some tiny white flat-back pearls to the center of each along with the sentiment stamped in blue ink, die-cut, and popped up on foam tape.
I also stamped the inside sentiment in the blue ink, then adhered that panel to the inside of the card base.
CutCardStock products used:
- Classic Linen Solar White 100# cardstock
- Classic Linen Solar White 80# cardstock
- Classic Crest Solar White 80# cardstock
- Basis Medium Blue 80# cardstock
Other products used:
- Stamps: Inspired By Stamping Petite Banners and Teeny Tiny Greetings stamp sets
- Ink: Hero Arts Cornflower ink
- Dies/Punches: EK Success 3/4″ square punch, Inspired By Stamping Fancy Label Dies 3 set
- Accessories: T-Square ruler, Scotch removable tape, MISTI stamp tool, Gemini Junior die cutting machine, white Fun Foam, Darice tiny white flat-back pearls
I hope you’ve enjoyed this project and be sure to visit the CutCardStock Facebook Page for more DT inspiration!