Hello, hello. Samantha here with a quick and easy CAS (clean and simple) card. CAS is not a style that comes easily to me but it is one I admire quite a bit.
To begin you will need:
- An A2 sized card and a 4″ x 5.25″ card panel cut from Classic Crest Solar White Card Stock, 110lb
- Foam tape or foam dots
- A sentiment strip cut from Basis Black 80lb Cardstock
- White embossing powder
- Masking paper (I’m using a full adhesive backed Post It note)
- Blending inks (I’m using Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade)
- A circle stencil (I created my own using scrap paper and a circle die)
- Coloring medium of your choice (I used a few brands of alcohol based markers)
- A stamp set (I’m using the November 2018 Brutus Monroe stamp of the month and a sentiment from the Beautiful Flowers 2 stamp set by Simon Says Stamp)
To start simply stamp your image to your card panel and color.
Cover image with making paper and do your ink blending over it using your stencil.
Adhere your card panel to your card base.
Stamp your sentiment to your Basis Black 80lb Cardstock, heat set with white embossing powder, and attach with foam tape; slightly overlapping the turkey image.
Optional but I think it’s a fun addition, you can add a few tiny clear or silver sequins.
This is such a simple, easy way to make a fun card with a lot of pop.
Make sure you’re subscribed to the blog so you won’t miss all the great things the design team comes up with.
Until next time,