Hello and welcome to the CutCardStock Blog! It’s Gloria with you today. During the month of December the Design Team has been inspiring you with quick and easy gifts ideas. I have one more for you, that you can put together in just minutes!
During the busy holiday season it is helpful to have extra gift cards on hand for those unexpected gift-giving events! With just a few pieces of paper, you can create pretty and functional gift card holders and matching envelopes.
1. Cut Stardream Metallic Lapis Lazuli Cardstock to 4″ x 8 1/4″. (You can make two (2) holders from each 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of cardstock!)
2. Score on the long side at 3″ and 6″.
3. Use die cut edger templates to cut a shaped edge along one short side. Use a circle punch to punch a notch on the opposite edge. Orient the cardstock as shown.
4. Cut decorative paper to 2 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ and attach to the center panel. Place Scor-tape on the bottom, outside edges.
5. Fold the bottom along the score line and secure to form a pocket.
6. Cut decorative paper for the top and bottom panels and attach. (Without the decorative edges, cut paper for the top panel to 2 7/8″ x 3 7/8″. For the bottom panel, cut paper to 2 1/8″ x 3 7/8″.)
7. Fold the top panel down on the score line. (Panel shown here with a scallop decorative edge.)
8. Stamp a sentiment onto Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock with brown ink. Cut out the sentiment with a circle die or punch.
9. Cut a slightly larger circle from Stardream Metallic Azalea Cardstock. Attach the pink circle to the stamped sentiment. Attach the sentiment to the right side of the gift card holder with foam adhesive.
12. Create another gift card, in a vertical orientation. You can create a belly band from a strip of Stardream Metallic Silver Cardstock and a piece of snowflake ribbon.
13. Create a pocket from another piece of Stardream Metallic Silver Cardstock, trimmed with a decorative edge die.
14. Create a matching envelope, but glue the envelope flaps to give you a vertical orientation.
Thanks for looking!
~ Gloria Stengel: Scraps of Life
CutCardStock Supplies Used: