The design team is celebrating FRIENDSHIP this month! I try to keep a stack of generic, friendship cards in my stash. You never know when you will need a card that is blank inside, and appropriate for most occasions.
My card for today is a bit time consuming to create, but packs a punch. You can choose any color you wish for your ombre, but I chose Gumdrop Green, Jelly Bean Green, and Sour Apple, with a hint of neutrals with Hot Fudge and Sweet Tooth! You will need to select three colors in the same color family – light, medium, and dark.
1. Cut one piece each of Gumdrop Green, Jelly Bean Green, and Sour Apple cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. Cut each panel with a die cut template that creates both a positive and negative shape such as this Diagonal Chevron from Spellbinders. Set the panels aside for another project, and save the cut outs from each color.
2. Repeat the process above with one piece of 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ Sweet Tooth cardstock. This time, set the cut outs aside, as we will be using the main panel. Cut a second piece of Sweet Tooth cardstock to slightly smaller than 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″.
3. Create a 5 5/8″ x 4 3/8″, top-fold card from Hot Fudge cardstock. Use Scor-tape and glue to attach the die cut panel to the solid piece of Sweet Tooth cardstock. Attach the panels to the card front. (If desired, line the inside of the card with more of the Sweet Tooth cardstock.
4. Using a fast-drying, clear glue, begin to glue the cut out pieces of green cardstock into the openings on the front panel. Create an inset ombre pattern, moving from dark to light.
5. Cut a word or phrase from a scrap of Hot Fudge cardstock. Glue the phrase near the bottom center of the card front.
6. Use three shades of green plaid ribbon to create a stacked bow. Glue the bow to the card as shown.
7. Add a few small flowers, in shades of green, to the center of the bow.
Thanks for looking!
CutCardStock Supplies Used: