Let’s welcome baby from his birth day to birthday, the first year.
I recently created this album for a friend who had a baby. Their little one’s name is Colton and she asked if I wouldn’t mind making it with blue, green and brown. The pages of the album are Basis White. The Basis papers are fabulous to work with as they hold up to all kinds of adhesives, embellishments, glues, punching, cutting and more.
Here are the highlights of the album:
I couldn’t find a paper that had the checks “on point,” so I simply turned the paper diagonally on the Cricut cutting mat, trimmed around the outside and went about cutting out the letters.
Just a few tips when creating something like this.
- Choose 5-6 papers to use throughout, mixing and matching as you go. The only out-of-color-scheme paper I introduced was the red patterned paper on the little house and the heart on the front cover. This spare use of a certain color gives it more drama.
- To bring continuity to the project, back every title with the same card stock. In this case, Basis Tan.
- Leave plenty of room on each spread for mom or dad to add photos and journaling.
- If there are siblings, pets or extended family living in the same house, include a spread for them.
- Other pages that I created and you might want to consider are pages that show new actions such as: smiling, rolling, sitting, eating, playing and the quiet moments of dreaming.
- To create the shaped covers, I began with shaped card stock and used it to cover Kraft Chipboard that I then trimmed. I think it gave the finished project a little whimsy.
Don’t forget that August’s special savings is on all square envelopes. Enjoy a 10% off savings until August 31st!
Papers Basis Brown, Tan, and White , Kraft Chipboard (CutCardStock.com); patterned papers
Other stuff Bind-it-All binding system, Owires (Zutter); Doodletype Cartridge and Cricut computerized trimmer (Provo Craft), ribbons, PVA glue