It is that time of year and I am already back to school!
I thought a fellow co-worker/ teacher could use a bit of encouragement, so I made a school themed card for her. I think I should have made a school nurse themed card for myself, as this week is killing me! 🙂
Chalkboard style cards have been popping up here and there and I wanted to try my hand at one.
To make this card-
1. Fold a piece of 4.25 x 11 Basis Black Cardstock in half. Measure about 1 5/8″ up from the bottom of the card and draw a line across the card. Measure 1/2″ in along both sides at the bottom of the card and draw lines to the horizontal line. Cut this rectangular area out from both front and back of card.
2. Stamp a woodgrain image on a piece of Brown Bag Kraft Cardstock– in this case, I used Stampin’ Up’s Hardwood stamp.
3. Cut strips of the stamped Brown Bag Kraft cardstock 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (cut 4) and 1/2″ x 3 1/4″. Adhere the longer pieces to the “legs” of the chalkboard on the front and inside of the card.
4. Adhere the shorter pieces horizontally at the top and bottom of the chalkboard on the front and inside the card.
Cut one more piece of hardwood stamped Brown Bag Kraft cardstock 1/2″ x 3 7/8″ to use as the chalkboard tray. Adhere to the bottom of the chalkboard using 3D Double Sided Foam Tabs.
5. Stamp sentiment on the chalkboard using white craft ink. I used a Stampin’ Up sentiment.
6. Stamp an apple image on Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock, color and cut out. In this case I used Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps Punny Fruits and Veggies Stamp Set. Adhere to the right side of the tray.
7. Cut a banners from Basis Light Yellow and Light Lime Cardstock. Stamp with patterned stamp. Adhere to upper left corner of chalkboard.
8. Punch or die cut star from craft metal. Mine is from Add A Little Dazzle. Make a bow; I used Hemptique cord. Adhere both above banners.